|Types of Sexual Harassment Experienced:|| |
|sexual comments, jokes, gestures, or looks|| |
|Touched, grabbed, or pinched in a sexual way|| |
|Intentionally brushed up against in a sexual way|| |
|flashed or mooned|| |
|had sexual rumors spread about them|| |
|had clothing pulled at in a sexual manner|| |
- A national study suggests half of all children with Internet access either have been or know someone who has been the victim of cyber-bullying - or have been cyber-bullies themselves.
- One in five children already has received an online sexual solicitation.
- Cases of child sexual exploitation via the Internet have increased more than 2,000 percent since 1996.
- Over half (51%) of parents either do not have or do not know if they have software on their computer(s) that monitors where their teenager(s) go online and with whom they interact.
- 42% of parents do not review the content of what their teenager(s) read and/or type in chat rooms or via Instant Messaging.
- Teenagers who Instant Message use chat lingo to communicate and parents don't know the meanings of some of the most commonly used phrases. 57% don't know LOL (Laughing Out Loud), 68% don't know BRB (Be Right Back), and 92% don't know A/S/L (Age/Sex/Location).