Sunday, August 16, 2009

Poetry of the Day

Just a Foolish Dream If I saw you laughing and running into my arms, No moment of my life could match my treasure. Words and deeds and promises would evaporate In the loving embrace of such a deliverance. Cold, rusty chains of resistance Would break clean from old tethers As we would share a new, silent prayer For a human bond of strongest devotion. Free from the pride of self interest, Free from the ghosts of never-changing history, Free from the awkward masks of changing standards, We would delight in the new spirit of mutual respect. Such an image often opens in my dreams, A feature in the imaginary theater where fantasies play. The vivid face, the delightful laugh, the dashing sprint to my heart All so abruptly interrupted by the broken reel of conscious reality.

No comments: