Saturday, October 9, 2010

John Lennon: Birthday


John Lennon -- Happy 70th Birthday



On this day 70 years ago, Oct. 9, 1940, John Lennon was born in Liverpool. It’s tragic that he is not around to celebrate his birthday today. But this can also be a happy occasion for fans, a time to reflect on all the joy that this great artist brought into the world before his senseless murder in 1980.



To honor John's birthday, here is a collective poem (I compiled) of Lennon lyrics. Also included is some video and photography. Happy birthday, John. We still live and breathe our lives with your beautiful gift of music.



"At Seventy"     John Lennon

So long ago
Was it in a dream, was it just a dream?
I know, yes I know
Seemed so very real, it seemed so real to me.



I was shivering inside
I was trying to catch your eyes.

Woman I know you understand
The little child inside the man.


Nobody told me there'd be days like these
Strange days indeed -- strange days indeed

People asking questions lost in confusion,
Well I tell them there's no problem,
Only solutions.


On a river of sound
Thru the mirror go round, round
I thought I could feel (feel, feel, feel)
Music touching my soul, something warm, sudden cold

In a brotherhood of man.


Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

Singing power to the people,
Power to the people!
Power to the people!
Power to the people, right on! 



Life is just what happens to you, 
While your busy making other plans.
You don't know what you got, until you lose it,
So keep on playing those mind games together
Faith in the future out of the now.


What in the world you thinking of
Laughing in the face of love

Love is the answer and you know that for sure
Love is a flower you got to let it grow.



It's time to spread our wings and fly,
Don't let another day go by my love,
Love has opened my eyes.

It'll be just like starting over - starting over....


Lyrics have been taken from these John Lennon compositions: Instant Karma, You Are Here, What You Got, Jealous Guy, Mind Games, Watching the Wheels, Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy), Woman, Imagine, Nobody Told Me , #9 Dream, and Starting Over.


"Jealous Guy" Video                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE
"Imagine" 70th Birthday Video         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxLnIRVVwIM
Tom Snyder Interview - John          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58hSFj_9Gfs

 




 "I LOVE YOU" In Many Languages

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's hard to believe he's been dead for almost 30 years...I was just thinking last night, what wonderful music we've missed out on ....RIP John..you are sorely missed....