Saturday, October 8, 2016

"Grabbing" Donald Trump On Women In His Own, Dispicable Words

 

Presidential candidate Donald Trump says, "There's nobody that has 
more respect for women than I do."

Of course, Trump has made many, many claims while running for president. He is fond of boasting about how he led a life full of success and winning. He envisions himself as the savior of America, the only one capable of leading the country to greatness.

I offer support of Trump's boasting views by using his own words:

"Sadly the American dream is dead. But if I get elected president, I will bring it back bigger and better and stronger than ever before, and we will make America great again."

"I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

"I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created. I will bring back our jobs from China, from Mexico, from Japan, from so many places. I'll bring back our jobs and I'll bring back our money."

"Nobody would be tougher on ISIS than Donald Trump. Nobody."

"I'm proud of my net worth, I've done an amazing job ... The total is $8,737,540,000 US. I'm not doing that to brag, because you know what, I don't have to brag."

"I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff (foreign policy)."

“It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.” Trump used this quote by Mussolini and said, “It’s a very good quote. I didn’t know who said it, but what difference does it make if it was Mussolini or somebody else — it’s a very good quote.”

The truth is that what you hear from Trump may not be what you get from the Donald. There is reason to believe that the real Donald Trump is not what he claims to be. On March 11, 2016, Trump, himself, admitted at a press conference that there’s two versions of him.“There’s the public version — and people see that, and I don’t know what they see exactly, but it seems to have worked over my lifetime — but it’s probably different, I think, than the personal Donald Trump.”

One of the most disturbing traits of Donald Trump is his extreme sexism. While campaigning, Trump claimed Jeb Bush has a “huge problem with women” and he was far better in that demographic. Trump said, "I'm exactly the opposite. I will be phenomenal to the women. I want to help women.”

That claim simply isn't true. Donald Trump is a train wreck on women's issues. More than that, he insults women at will.  


Again, allow me to refute this claim while proving Trump's sexism by using his own words:

* In a 2013 episode of Celebrity Apprentice: All-Stars, Trump made a rather vulgar joke about former Playboy model Brande Roderick. The exchange occurred when fellow contender Bret Michaels told Trump that at one point, Roderick "got down on her knees and passionately said, ‘I want to do this.'"

Trump (to Roderick): “Excuse me, you DROPPED to your knees?”

Brande: “Yes."

Trump: "It must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees."

The New York Post and other publications have reported many of the show's former female contestants have protested Trump's overt sexism and demoralizing treatment of women on the show, but one of the most tellingly misogynist comments is when he told a female contestant: "I bet you make a great wife." Not a businesswoman and wife — that doesn't exist, obviously.

* Trump seems to comment on every woman's appearance – name calling Rosie O'Donnell and others. And, what about this questionable comment about his own daughter?
“I don’t think Ivanka would do that [pose for Playboy], although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

* In the heat of the presidential debates, Trump lashed out at Carly Fiorina and her looks. According to Rolling Stone writer Paul Solotaroff, he was sitting with Trump watching a newscast when a video clip zoomed in on Fiorina.

Trump scoffed, "Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?!"Then, he added, "I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"

* Then, there is Trump's famous clash with Fox News host Megyn Kelly during the GOP debate. Trump called Kelly a "bimbo" and a "lightweight" for asking about his disparaging comments toward women he believes he has slighted him. Trump also said, "There was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”

Then, in true Donald fashion, Trump stood by his comments about Kelly, saying that only a "deviant" would think he was suggesting her questioning was motivated by hormones. 

"I said blood was essentially blood was pouring from her eyes, blood was pouring, and then just I wanted to get on with the rest of the sentence...there was nothing obvious.”

* Who acts like a deviant? After all, when Marco Rubio made fun of Donald Trump’s hands, Trump asked at a March 3 debate, “Look at those hands, are they small hands? And, he referred to my hands — ‘If they’re small, something else must be small.’ I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee.”

* Who can forget Trump's clash with Ted Cruz when a super PAC unrelated to Cruz published an ad using a suggestive photo of Trump’s wife, Melania, from GQ. Trump laid the blame on Cruz anyway.
“Lyin' Ted Cruz just used a picture of Melania from a G.Q. shoot in his ad,” Trump tweeted. “Be careful, Lyin' Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife!”

While it remains unclear what “beans” Trump was referring to, he posted an image on his Twitter account another user had tweeted insulting the appearance of Cruz’s wife, Heidi Cruz: "A picture is worth a thousand words” said Trump about a very unflattering photo comparing Heidi to Melania Trump.

* Trump also featured a couple of memorable one liners about women:
    (a) “Women: You have to treat them like s--t.”
    (b) “A person who is very flat chested is very hard to be a 10.”

    * And, finally, the granddaddy of all “real” Donald revelations about this sexism -- the release of the 11-year-old audio/video (2005) obtained by The Washington Post. In the tape, Trump and Billy Bush, the former Access Hollywood host now with NBC's Today show, engage in graphic discussions en route to the Days of Our Lives set, where Trump is set to record a piece about an upcoming appearance on the soap opera.

Trump tells Bush and other men on the bus that he tried to seduce a married woman. “I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there,” he says. “Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her looks.”

The tape began with Trump discussing a failed attempt to seduce a woman. That woman's name was not mentioned in the tape.

"I moved on her and I failed," he said. "I'll admit it."

According to The Post, the tape was recorded several months after he married his third wife, Melania.
"I did try and f--- her," Trump later said. "She was married. ... And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, 'I'll show you where they have some nice furniture.'"

Trump admits that he forces himself upon women.

"I moved on her like a b----, but I couldn’t get there," he continued. "And she was married. Trump said he ran into the woman, identified by “Access Hollywood” as TV host Nancy O’Dell, after she spurned him. “Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look."

At that point in the tape, Trump and Bush noticed an actress, Arianne Zucker, who was waiting to take them onto the set.

“Your girl’s hot as s---, in the purple,” says Bush.

“Whoa!” Trump says. “Whoa!”

"I've gotta use some tic tacs, just in case I start kissing her," Trump said. "You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait."

"And when you're a star they let you do it," Trump continued. "You can do anything. ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

(David A. Fahrenthold. “Trump recorded having extremely lewd conversation about women in 2005. The Washington Post. October 08, 2016.)

After the Post released the video, Trump apologized … well, kind of.

In a video posted on his Facebook page, Trump also played down the significance of his coarse remarks, including a boast that he could grab women by the crotch because he was a star.

“Let’s be honest — we’re living in the real world,” Trump said. “This is nothing more than a distraction from the important issues we’re facing today.”

“Anyone who knows me knows these words don’t reflect who I am,” said Trump, whose frequent derogatory comments about women have proved a major liability. “I said it, I was wrong, and I apologize.”

Trump continued:“This was locker-room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago. Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended.”

Well, Mr. Trump, it appears you have a lot of explaining to do for those who were offended by this so-called “distraction.” I venture to say most women are extremely offended. I know my wife is.
I believe the American electorate must see both the public and the private Donald Trump. Both views present a picture of a man who is a narcissist – a public figure enamored with himself who cares little about women.

And, Mr. Trump, all of us are getting to know you, and we believe your words, whether uttered behind closed doors or in public media reports, do reflect who you are. Being President of the United States means representing the 162 million females in America. Your offensive representation does nothing for your claims of respecting women. In fact, it is you who is a deviant, not those you claim misinterpret your speech.

You said it, Donald – you enjoy moving on married women “like a bitch,” doing anything your status allows to get your thrills -- even grabbing women's genitals. This must be your idea of how to make America “great again.” I think it is time for you to reap what you have sown.

 

No comments: